Tuesday was a very productive day. I got up bright and early and started planting as soon as I could. Basically, all that was left was a row of Spanish Roja and then 5+ rows of German White. It took most of the day, but I got it all in.
Towards the end of the day, Kathleen and Asa surprised me. At that point, I had 50 heads of German White to break and plant. Kathleen and I broke all the heads and then she planted the final row while I walked around with Asa on my shoulders. He had a blast as I ran up and down the rows.
In the end, I didn’t have time to spread any of the straw, but hopefully I can get that done in the wee hours at the start and end of the day over the next few days. I have 4 rows covered so far.
Now for the counts of what I planted:
Music – 665
MarJean – 763
Ukranian Red – 2,739
Spanish Roja – 2,152
German White – 4,159
All these numbers are based on field measurements. There’s no doubt they’re not 100% correct, but they’re really really close.