Ah.... the long overdue post. So how did the dibbler work? The short answer is well enough. What I can say is that the fluffier the planting bed, the better. I'm going to add another 10 (or more) pounds of weight to the ends before the next use. I feel like the extra weight could have made a difference, as the impressions could have been deeper. In any case, it worked very well as a row marker. Another project for this to make a tractor mount for it. That would help with the "walking straight" issues I seem to have.
So on to the important thing! GARLIC!
On Saturday October 11th we were graced with the help of our friends (in no particular order) Jen, Heather, Erin, Jacqui, and Matthew
. We got rolling around 10:30 and had a fairly tall order... Plant a lot of garlic. Kathleen and I had trimmed out all of the garlic heads in prep for the planting. What was left to do was a lot of shelling and planting.
I dibbled (above photo) and everyone got to work. To summarize quickly, we finished planting everything except for all of the German White by that evening. The next morning, Jen and I finished the German White. A few days later, I spread the straw. OK...now for the pics!
Garlic Before the EventErin & JacquiKathleen, Heather and JenMatthew & ErinStraw on Garlic