As promised, I'm continuing to document the building of my dibbler drum.
- Tonight, I cut out the plywood ends using the template that I posted in the last post. I used a table saw for the rough plywood cuts and a jigsaw to make the ends into the 12 sided beauty you see there.
- Next, I attached the flanges to the center of the plywood pieces with (8) 3/4" wood screws.
- I then cut 12 - 2' sections of 1x3 and attached them to the ends using (24) 2" drywall screws which is what I had lying around.
- Finally (once I figured it out) I made markings on every other wood slat at 3",9",15" and 21". If you click on the photo to see the large version, you can see my first attempt at laying out the spacing (dots with x's through them) and my corrected attempt (dots with circles).