Here we are at the end of March already. It’s not going out like a lamb just yet as we had lightning tonight along with downpours. That said, the rain ought to finish off the snow.
Speaking of snow, I (Paul) managed to get both the truck and the tractor stuck in it. The tractor was an easy fix (a little bucket maneuvering/pushing). The truck was another story. Still, with Kathleen’s expert advice we got it out one day later.
On to the seeds. So far we’ve started Onions, Leeks, Celeriac, Celery, and Peppers. This weekend, many of our Tomatoes will be started. It’s all officially underway!
I’m also going to start working on a mySQL database to get a better handle on planting times, harvests. I’m working from the inspiration/ideas provided by the Crop Planning Spreadsheets that Brookfield Farm sells. Their sheets are set up for a CSA. We’re primarily farming for a small farmer’s market, so our needs are slightly different. Still, there’s a lot of great stuff there. It will probably take a few years for me to get it right, but hopefully, I’ll have something I can share once it’s developed. Stay tuned.