Welcome to our internet account of our farming activities. It may be dry (no pun intended) as far as prose goes. We want to keep an account of all of the stuff that we've done (including what seeds we've planted and yields). This is year two for us and we're still learning.
So here's all of the gory details of the year to date:
* March/April 2006 - Many weekends spent working on the Allis Chalmers D17 with Rob Pastore of Morning View Farms (thanks Rob!). Unfortunately, we had to call it a day on this renovation after we put the oil seal on badly. It's now next winter's project. Anyone who wants to see a step by step account of breaking down an old tractor and rebuilding it...stick around until next winter. That's when it'll happen.
* 3/23/2006 - Planted seed for 9 varieties of tomatoes, 2 types of eggplant, 3 types of peppers, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme (no, there's no parsley Garfunkel!)
* 4/18/2006 - Kubota B7800 is delivered! She isn't as big as old Allis, but she starts right up and has plenty of power for what we do. Action pics to come.
* 4/20/2006 - Tomatoes transplanted
* 4/21/2006 - Eggplant and some peppers transplanted
* 4/22/2006 - Built a fence for peas. The rain came down in buckets. We planted one 100 foot row of Oregon Giant Snow Peas.
* 4/23/2006 - Rain continues. Sadly we discovered that our rain gauge has a leak at the half-inch mark so we have to go by airport totals. Over 2 days = 2.68 inches. We needed it!